Information we may collect from you
We may collect, use, store, transfer and process the following data about you:
- Identity Data: including first and last name, titles, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data: including email address, telephone numbers and physical addresses.
- Financial Data: including bank account and payment details.
- Transaction Data: including details about payments to and from you and other details of products or services that you have purchased from us ot that we have purchased from you.
- Technical Data: including ternet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data: including purchases or orders, your interests, preferences, feedback, survery repsonses or other opinions provided to us.
- Usage Data: including information about how you use our website and services.
- Marketing Data: including your marketing preferences from us and third parties and any preferences with the way we communicate with you.
- Aggregated Data: including statistical and demographic data. This may be derived from personal data but will not be considered personal data in law as this data will not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate percentage of our website visitors accessing certain website features.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about race or ethnicity, religious, politicalor philosophical beliefs, sex life or sexual orientation, information about your health, genetic and biometric data). Where we were to collect any Special Categories of Personal Data then we would ensure that we process this in accordance with the Act.
How we may collect data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filing in forms on our site, www.proud-robinson.com, corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, phone, in person or otherwise.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect Technical Data which is collected by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. As well as this we may also automatically collect information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site including date and time; products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs, and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies and any other third party in the development of our business and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about but only where you have given us your consent to do this;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you and only where you have given your consent for us to do this;
- to notify you about changes to our service; and
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you where you have consented for us to do this.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors necessary for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in BN1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Proud-Robinson Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Storing your personal data
Wherever we transfer your personal data outside of the EEA we will ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring that appropriate safeguards are implemented. These safeguards may include only transferring personal data to countries deemed to provide an adequate level of data protection or alternatively where specific approved contracts (such as SCCs and ITDAs) are used.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted (using SSL technology). Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Unless you tell us otherwise, we will only store your personal data for as long as it is necessary to perform the contract with you or where the other purposes contained in this notice, to which you have consented, are complete.
Unless there is legal justification or it is unlawful to do so, you will always have the right to have your personal data erased once we have completed the contract with you.
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- If you want us to establish the data's accuracy.
- Where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it.
- Where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- You have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
Even when you have consented, you will still have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will always ask for your consent before we use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.You can also exercise the right to remove your consent at any time by contacting us via the contact details below.
We will always ensure that any data we hold about you is accurate but you will always have the right to have your data corrected, amended or erased without delay, for example if you change your name or address.
Photographs and Images Notice
We will have collected the Photographs from you in accordance with the dates and backgrounds of the image release which will be agreed between us and you.
We will only use and process the Photgraphs in accordance with what the law allows us to. We will use this in the following circumstances;
1. On the basis of your consent (given as part of the image release);
2. Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
3. Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligations.
Address: 18 Rock Street, Brighton, BN2 1NF.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.